Halloween is coming up. Have you been considering having a medical themed Halloween party? If so, then you have come to the right place. Take a look at our ideas to make sure your medical themed Halloween party is the best one your friends and colleagues have ever been to!
1. How To Make Edible Fake Blood?
If you are having a medical themed Halloween party you are definitely going to need some fake blood. Why bother buying the stuff in the shops that you can't eat? We have the BEST and easiest fake blood recipe ever. It only takes 5 minutes to whip this beauty up.
- 16 Ounces of powdered sugar
- 1 Ounce of red food colouring
- 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 8 Ounces of water
- Blender / Liquidiser
- Kitchen roll
- Tablespoon measurer
- Add 8 ounces of water to the blender/ liquidiser
- Add 16 ounces of powdered sugar to the blender/ liquidiser. Turn it on and stir it up.
- Add 1 ounce of red food colouring. Mix it up with the powdered sugar and water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Again mix this in nicely.
And hey presto you have got yourself some pretty real looking fake blood and it doesn't taste to bad either!
But if you really want to take your medical themed party to the next level...then you gotta try and fill the fake blood you have just made into a fake blood banana IV bag...
2. How to make your own Halloween themed banana bag IV?
This fake blood IV drip bag will definitely add that extra bit of realness to your doctor and nurse themed party this Halloween. There is no need to buy expensive IV drip bags from the shop you can easily make your own at home by following these simple steps.
Things you will need to make this fake IV bag:
- Some clear plastic. A role of garden plastic is ideal or if you haven't got any an extra large freezer bag
- Pair of scissors
- Hot glue gun with glue
- 1 foot of clear rubber tubing (hopefully you will have one in the family shed or if anyone has ever dabbled in homemade wine the kit should contain a clear rubber tube).
- Fake edible blood you made earlier
- Cut out two rectangular strips of the clear plastic. These pieces should be about the size of an A5 envelope.
- Squeeze glue along three of the edges of one of the rectangular plastic pieces you have just cut. Leave one piece free from any glue. Layer the second segment of plastic over the first evenly, pressing the edges firmly. This creates a pouch. Let it dry for roughly 10 minutes.
Turn the plastic pouch right-side-out, hiding the rough seams of the glued edges on the inside of the pouch. Glue the free edge closed, leaving about 1 inch opened for inserting the clear tube later.
Fill the fake IV bag with the fake blood you made earlier. Squeeze a large amount of the glue one one end of the clear rubber tube. Insert the tube into the opening of the IV bag (leaving the end that you have just put the glue on outside the fake IV bag) and squeeze the bag around it firmly, sealing it.
3. How to make alcoholic jelly shot syringes or alcoholic jello shot syringes?
Things you will need:
- 30cc plastic syringes without needles
- Mixing bowl
- Packet of jelly (your choice of flavouring, personally we think strawberry works very well)
- Boiling water (measurement as per the packet)
- Vodka, chilled (don't get carried away with the measure...replace half of the cold water measure on the jelly packet with vodka)
- Cold water (Half the amount called for on the packet)
- When you are ready to make the jelly syringes place your selected Jelly flavour into the large mixing bowl.
- Follow the directions on the jelly packet when adding hot water and mixing. Set the bowl aside to cool for 2 minutes. DO NOT ADD COLD WATER YET.
- Add the cold water as per the measurements on the packet and and your some vodka to the hot mixture and stir. Fill the syringes by pulling the stopper up on the syringe to suck up the mixture.
- Place them in the fridge to set up for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy.
4. Next you will need to look the part and get a kick ass doctor costume, doctor outfit or doctor clothes.
Check out the following surgeon costumes, nurse costumes and lets play doctor dress up!
5. And finally to finish off why not fill some sterile gloves with sweet treats and lots of popcorn...just like this: